Earth Dragon

Advanced Member

• VIP
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,213 posts
  • Preference:N/A
  • Fetishes:Peeing, Ponies

Posted 18 April 2015 - 04:36 AM

This here is the thread to add in small/general requests for things that you think may help us out. Like, my request to add in the ability to add attachments to a PM.

Use this thread to suggest anything that would benefit the community as a whole. Remember, though, no weird ridiculous requests like "add in a fart sounds option" or something, lol.

Also, general feedback will go here, so use this thread to tell us what we can improve on that already exists and so forth.

Make sure your post makes sense and doesn't confuse anyone.

#2 Saki

Saki

魔法使い/Sysadmin/Walking Corpse

• VIP
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 05:32 PM

Of interest to whoever handles the TLS configuration might be this report from SSLLabs. I am quite pleased with the TLS configuration here, by the way. Here's hoping we see the rest smoothed out soon, so that pages display properly when viewed via HTTPS.

#3 Vegetables

Vegetables

Mildly cold, 100% Vegetables.

• VIP
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • Preference:Loli

Posted 19 April 2015 - 05:35 PM

I take it the comment feature is gone from user profile pages? Is this because it was missing in the darker skins?

#4 iamusername

iamusername

Sexy Shota

• VIP Donator
  • 823 posts
  • Preference:Shota

Posted 19 April 2015 - 07:50 PM

SSL will come eventually, right now I'm just trying to make sure things work normally.

Regarding profile comments I'll see if that's a core feature of this software or if a plugin is needed. It wasn't removed, it's just that it was never configured.

Please report anything else you notice missing from the previous forum so that I can look into fixing it.

#5 Earth Dragon

Earth Dragon

Advanced Member

• VIP
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,213 posts
  • Fetishes:Peeing, Ponies

Posted 19 April 2015 - 09:02 PM

Speaking of profile commenting, when you get around to that Username, would you be able to add it in to the Carbon theme? On the second ATF, the profile comments and friend's list were not available on Carbon for whatever reason. Oh, and so was the section that showed who has viewed your page and when. But, that section is of no importance.

#6 en_hawk

en_hawk

Grumpy

• Regulars
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 09:39 PM

On a similar note to the above, the buddy list no longer displays on peoples public profile as it did on the previous iteration(default theme).

#7 SickLollipop

SickLollipop

~*Most Kawaii Hikikomori*~

• VIP
  • PipPipPip
  • 954 posts
  • Fetishes:Ponies

Posted 20 April 2015 - 04:48 AM

Just wanna drop a cute lil thank you <3

#8 iamusername

iamusername

Sexy Shota

• VIP Donator
  • 823 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 05:05 AM

Thanks Lolli!

The profile comments, buddy list, and latest visits have all now been added. Please let me know if you have any issues with those features.

#9 en_hawk

en_hawk

Grumpy

• Regulars
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 07:32 AM

Thanks Lolli!

The profile comments, buddy list, and latest visits have all now been added. Please let me know if you have any issues with those features.

Thanks for getting that fixed up! Appears functional after a cursory inspection...

#10 Jemini

Jemini

Super Moderator

• Super Moderators
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 07:40 AM

While I like what the coder (I am guessing Kitsuna) was probably trying to do with the new coding for when you quote somebody, I find this new method clunky and incredibly disabling compared to the old version where you could see and manipulate the [quote] signs. There is a lot that you could do with the old system that just can't be done with the new version. One of the most frustrating of witch is putting text before the quote. (actually, I have found a work-around for that, but having to go out of your way for something so simple really is frustrating.)

#11 LongLiveLolicon

LongLiveLolicon

Mortanius, Hash'ak'gik's Apostle

• VIP
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Preference:Toddler

Posted 21 April 2015 - 08:05 AM

Uhh... Jem? Kit isn't here anymore. Otherwise, we wouldn't have had the restart. Username is the coder. Or am I reading your statement wrong?

#12 Vistarrr

Vistarrr

• Super Moderators
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 09:10 AM

I think what Jemini is after is the source-editing mode. It's still there, the WYSIWYG is just the default mode now. Press the very last icon when you create/edit a post, or CTRL+SHIFT+S to switch to source mode :)

#13 iamusername

iamusername

Sexy Shota

• VIP Donator
  • 823 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 11:43 AM

Yeah I've been wondering how to change that, to be honest. I even set Source mode as the default in my profile and it still defaults to WYSIWYG sometimes.

I'll look around the options in the Admin section and see if I can figure it out.

In any case:

While I like what the coder (I am guessing Kitsuna) was probably trying to do with the new coding for when you quote somebody

It wasn't that I was 'trying to do' anything, it's just what came enabled by default in when I installed the forum. Apparently kit and gilga had it configured differently. And I agree, having it in the 'rich editor' mode is a bit more clunky than source mode.

#14 iamusername

iamusername

Sexy Shota

• VIP Donator
  • 823 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 02:28 PM

Spoiler bbcodes now allow nesting. See...

#15 Vistarrr

Vistarrr

• Super Moderators
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 02:36 PM

Spoiler bbcodes now allow nesting. See...

Great, thank you again! And oh, the button is now also prettier :)

#16 johann7124

johann7124

Skyrim Modder

• Super Moderators
  • 1,385 posts

Donator

Posted 21 April 2015 - 07:42 PM

Looking good, looks like you also fixed up being able to determine what was quoted text now as well.

Before it was a little vague on where the quoted text was.

#17 Vegetables

Vegetables

• VIP
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 09:48 PM

Old feature request: paranoid tags. The tag used to work this way:

Potatoes are vegetables

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

. In this phrase, an unregistered viewer would see "Potatoes are vegetables." while a registered user would see the whole phrase "Potatoes are vegetables but tomatoes are secretly berries."

This was frequently useful in many things such as making links more durable. Therefore, I'd like to request this feature to be re-added to this new iteration of the site.

#18 Vistarrr

Vistarrr

• Super Moderators
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 09:56 PM

There might a problem with buddy request notifications. I didn't get the yellow notification at the top of the page when I got a request. They do work for PMs. One user reports the same problem.

Weird. Can anyone confirm?

#19 Vegetables

Vegetables

• VIP
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 09:59 PM

There might a problem with buddy request notifications. I didn't get the yellow notification at the top of the page when I got a request. They do work for PMs. One user reports the same problem.

Weird. Can anyone confirm?

Confirmed. I had gotten one yesterday as well and didn't notice at all. I sent you one just now.

#20 iamusername

iamusername

Sexy Shota

• VIP Donator
  • 823 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 10:01 PM

I have gotten the buddy request notifications, I think. Or maybe I've just been getting a pm notification about having a buddy. In any case, I'll check on it.

#21 iamusername

iamusername

Sexy Shota

• VIP Donator
  • 823 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 10:02 PM

As for the [paranoid] tags, I'll look into that as well.

#22 Vistarrr

Vistarrr

• Super Moderators
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 10:03 PM

Okay... I just got notification from request Vegetables made, but I saw there was one friend request pending (from SickLollipop). I never got any message about this.

[And I should've posted this in the General Concerns thread. I'll move these bit later.]

#23 Vegetables

Vegetables

• VIP
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 10:42 PM

I must say, I find the "I have accepted your buddy request"-message quite jarring. This is the first time I tried the system out.

Hi,

I have accepted your buddy request.

I half expected him to send such a message in Finnish. It's quite confusing that the system message is disguised as a message from the person. I wasn't even notified that I sent that kind of a message when I accepted the invite. It's a pretty minor issue, but for a bandaid, a [this is a system message] tag might help with the confusion.

#24 johann7124

johann7124

Skyrim Modder

• Super Moderators
  • 1,385 posts

Donator

Posted 21 April 2015 - 10:59 PM

I think that is the default message for MyBB

#25 Kyuuketsuki No Ou

Kyuuketsuki No Ou

Resident Vampire

• VIP
  • PipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 12:49 AM

Would it be overly difficult to give the site support for https connections throughout?

#26 iamusername

iamusername

Sexy Shota

• VIP Donator
  • 823 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 01:39 AM

SSL (https) will come eventually, once I have some time to devote a few hours to making it work. It's definitely a thing I plan to implement, but it might not be done for a little while.

#27 Kyuuketsuki No Ou

Kyuuketsuki No Ou

Resident Vampire

• VIP
  • PipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 09:54 AM

As for the [paranoid] tags, I'll look into that as well.

Wasn't too concerned about this before but I have recently come across a reason for which I greatly desire that this feature be available.

#28 Vegetables

Vegetables

• VIP
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 11:29 AM

Old feature request: thumbnail tags. The tag used to work this way:

waytoobigpic would naturally post the whole picture. would show a smaller thumbnail, which you can click to open the direct link to waytoobigpic in a new tab.

This would reduce the amount of manual resizing users have to do when posting pictures. Just using waytoobigpic kinda sucks. I used this a lot in artwork threads, where the files were too big for ATF and I didn't want to compress them. I hosted to pomf.se and thumbed them.

#29 Morrowind542

Morrowind542

Advanced Member

• VIP
  • PipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 03:52 PM

Thumb tags are being looked into.

#30 iamusername

iamusername

Sexy Shota

• VIP Donator
  • 823 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 05:15 PM

Thumbnail tags now work. [ thumb] [ /thumb] Put in a valid image URL and it will show the image at a max width of 200px and an automatic height, and when you click it, you will get the full-sized image.

Example from another thread on ATF (because it had a large image I could test with):

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users